Chicken, Apple, & Pecan Salad in a Jar (serves 4)
- 2 cups chopped kale leaves
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 Granny Smith apples, chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup grapes
For the chicken salad:
- 2 boneless, skinless thin-sliced chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, optional
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice, or more, to taste
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, to taste. Add to skillet and cook, flipping once, until cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side. Let cool before dicing into bite-size pieces.
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, Greek yogurt, red onion, celery, mayonnaise, almonds and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- To assemble, divide chicken mixture, kale, cranberries, apples, pecans and grapes into four wide-mouth canning jars with tight-fitting lids.