Some tomato, some ginger, mushrooms just so delicious!
Tom Yum Soup (serves 4-6)
- 3 cups homemade chicken broth
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 stalks lemongrass or Lemon grass essential oil 3 drops (only pure oils please)
- 3 pieces Thai Ginger (Galangal) same EO if you prefer!
- 2 pieces Kaffir Lime Leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced roasted red chili
- 1 pound boneless, skinless, chicken thighs, cubed
- 1 cup straw mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small tomato, diced
- chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Bring broth, lime juice, lemongrass, galangal and kaffir lime leaves to boil in large saucepan.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer 15 minutes.
- Remove galangal, lemongrass and kaffir lime leaves.
- Stir in chili until well blended.
- Add chicken, mushrooms, onion and chilies.
- Simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in tomato.
- Spoon into soup bowls.
- Garnish with cilantro.